Poetic Rain: In words

Thursday, March 30, 2006

In words

Why is it so damn hard for people to be truthful with each other?
our words are weaker than our actions,
it’s written all over our quote books in the ink of our experience
“actions speak louder than words”
“actions speak louder than words”
“actions speak louder than words”
we’ve all seen it, and believe it enough to repeat it.
So logically that should prove how pointless it is to tell a verbal lie.

People tell their story in a thousand ways
Usually whether they want to or not.
it comes through in more than words
because we are creatures of expression
of physical contact,
love,
smiles,
and laughs
We are made of these moments
words are there to simply describe
the passage of these events.
They are there for support, to help explain
What we’ve already told the world.

Please don’t insult me by telling me
Anything less than what your truth already is.
I don’t want empty
words.
I play with them all day long
And tire fast of things I know so well
I am a poet, they are my Lincoln Logs
My dangerous toys
that should come with safety warning labels

ATTENTION!!!: People with false tongues do not use with out moral supervision
WARNING: May cause choking of the heart is used improperly
CAUTION: Words may cause harm to unborn love
DO NOT disconnect words from actions, this could lead to serious shock, or burn
*if Words are swallowed without Action, call the Center for Trust Control

Words are toys with the sharpest edge,
And can be made from the cheapest plastic
I remember that my favorite childhood toy was
Also made from cheap plastic
But I loved it the way a child loves unconditionally anything that is truth.

I don’t think we have ever grown out of this
We thirst for what we want to hear
In words,
and cover our eyes to actions
Then speak the mantra
“actions speak louder than words....

....so please SHOUT your WORDS
drown out the vision of your actions for me
".

I am sick of plastic toys
I want your words to echo what I see in your eyes.
What you have already told the world.
There right now is a link missing
Between the two
And that,…

That
Is what takes my breath from my chest
And makes you ask me
daily
if I'm ok
as you search for the smiles on my face
that have recently left.

I suppose give out my truth
sometimes
much to easily,
And perhaps I should learn to hold it back
because for me
my words this time
are my actions.
They are together
Connected
I offer you both in unison
All I ask in return is the same respect

To return truth to a friend
When they hand you theirs wrapped in the folds of their heart.

I fall into your words like they are black holes
Because you speak in universes.
Completely lost to why
I’m counting constellations of your actions
connecting them up with your words
and finding only mis-shape’n images
I just want to see
the picture as it really is
Just tell me
What it really is
So I can make the choice
to keep tracing your stars with the tip of my finger
Or to turn away
And find another place to fall.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your saftey warning label...people should really think about what they say in correlation to what they don't say...

people suck at honesty.

March 30, 2006 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... ca-razy...

March 30, 2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is exactly what i needed right now

thank you

March 30, 2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((and that was not supposed to read as sarcastic. it's honest))

because it put me at ease

March 30, 2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger knitty digital said...

Thank you for being brave enough to share your truth

April 04, 2006 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fire!

May 16, 2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home